Human trafficking is one of the most pressing problems we face today. Tackling the challenge requires each of us to take a stand.
Wondering what you can do? Start here.
1) Build Your Knowledge
There are excellent resources available to help deepen your understanding of human trafficking today. If you are new to the issue, start here! Our favorites include:
- Research: Human Trafficking By the Numbers: The Initial Benchmark of Prevalence & Economic Impact for Texas
- Books: Girls Like Us , The Slave Next Door , Blood & Earth
- Documentaries: I am Jane Doe , Collection of videos from Free the Slaves
2) Get Involved
Once you've learned more about the problem, consider how you can be part of the solution:
- Examine your own Slavery Footprint.
- Attend a local film screening, like "Be the One" hosted by the Texas Attorney General on January 18th.
- Share the National Human Trafficking Hotline (1-888-373-7888) or engage with the DHS Blue Campaign on Twitter.
- Volunteer with a local anti-trafficking nonprofit!
3) Protect Freedom & Dignity
This work needs you. The problem is big, but it's also more solvable than ever before. You can partner with Allies Against Slavery to identify and help those who have experienced exploitation. Donate now!
Learn more about the impact partners like you created in 2017.