Join Our Team
Join our dynamic team and help us build Slave-Free Cities, where traffickers can't exploit the vulnerable and where survivors can truly heal!
Current Internships Available
Slave-Free City Network Internship
Allies Against Slavery is an Austin-based NGO working to combat the injustice of human trafficking. The mission of Allies is to build Slave-Free Cities -- places where traffickers cannot exploit the vulnerable and where survivors can heal.
Allies works to combat this complex problem through an approach called the Slave-Free City Network - a systems-based model that gives diverse partner organizations and survivors the tools, resources and strategies they need to overcome the challenges they face. Additionally, the Slave-Free City Network fosters increased collaboration among existing organizations and focuses collective efforts to develop and implement sustainable solutions.
As the requirements to coordinate and develop these comprehensive solutions has expanded, Allies needs additional programmatic and operational support. The organization is seeking two master’s level social work interns to assist this growth for about 4-8 hours per week.
Intern opportunities would include working alongside a rapidly growing team that is on the ground floor of addressing, and ultimately, ending the injustice faced by vulnerable members of our community. In addition to general support for Allies, interns will assist the organization in the coordination and operation of multi-disciplinary working groups comprised of partner agencies within the Slave-Free City Network.
The internship will offer enterprising, self-motivated individuals the opportunity to gain new capabilities as well as refine valuable administrative, research and communication skills. Interns will also have the opportunity to network with a variety of service providers, law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders working to combat trafficking across the state.
- Tracking, organizing and synthesizing qualitative data
- Facilitating and documenting large, collaborative meetings
- Creative problem solving alongside the Allies’ team
- Articulating research findings and producing research/meetings notes, reports, and briefs
- Supporting Allies leadership and program staff with administration and operations
Qualified Applicants Must Have:
- Competency managing high volume work-load
- Efficacy in streamlining and articulating substantial and varied information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Comfort with a dynamic and decentralized work environment
- Demonstrated excellence in research and professional writing
- Ability to represent the organization professionally
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a variety of duties and priorities
- Great skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A developed worldview, capable of adapting quickly to the culture inside of Allies
- Awareness/experience in field of labor trafficking or sex trafficking preferred
To apply, please complete the form found through the link below. Additionally, please submit a resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Slave-Free City Network Internship” in the subject line.
Please note - all internships are unpaid; however, Allies will work with academic institutions to provide academic credit when possible.